About The Position
We are looking for an Account Management Director (US based) to join our growing Commercial team.
We’re looking for a talented Account Management Director to join us as we solve one of the biggest and most challenging business problems in today’s world - the shift of the grocery industry (>7 trillion dollars globally) to the e-commerce age. This inevitable shift (from 3% penetration in the US to a forecasted 10% in 5 years) threatens retailers both financially (losing money on each order), operationally (moving 50 items per order around at 3 temperatures to billions of customers’ homes) and strategically (which types of retailers will win in this newly formed retail space?).
CommonSense currently offers the most promising solution, allowing retailers to successfully sell online groceries at scale, with profits and speed, by disrupting the industry in 3 ways:
- Business model - no capex, pay-as-you-go service model, never introduced so dramatically by robotics companies
- Robotic and AI - proprietary system that can fit into small urban spaces to allow optimised proximity to customers
- Empowered value proposition - allowing retailers to offer 1 hour delivery of groceries, while bringing delivery fees down to zero
This role will require the following:
- Our US Account Management Director will be our first commercial “boots on the ground”, having a huge impact on our early-stage penetration to this 1st priority market and our first strategic partnerships with the country’s best grocery retailers
- Build and lead the relationship with CommonSense’s strategic enterprise partners, owning all partner interactions and projects, liaising with partner’s C-level, VPs and operations teams
- Lead and support all life-cycles of our partnerships post-signing, including first robotic site installations, operations model definition, IT interfacing, growth and marketing plans and day-to-day operations of our services, in a role which requires business, personal, logistics, technology and strategic capabilities
- Responsible for partner’s success with our services, in both growth and profitability
- Position reports directly to VP Marketing and BD
- Domestic travel is required
- MBA from a top-10 US business school - an advantage
- 7-10 years of experience in similar, complex tech-ops-retail companies and client-facing, leading roles
- Experience in the on-demand, e-commerce space - a must
- Strong operational knowledge and capabilities relevant to our space
Who you are:
- Exceptional interpersonal, ice-breaking skills and ability to build and develop meaningful relationships
- Analytical skills, ability to think on your feet, organized, and strong prioritization skills
- Team player, loyal, and committed individual, able to successfully cooperate with remote management and team
You want to get your fresh groceries faster. So do we. That’s why we started CommonSense Robotics.
Our mission is to enable grocery retailers to profitably fulfill and deliver online orders within one hour. To make this a reality, we build networks of automated Micro-Fulfillment Centers in dense urban areas that combine the speed of local delivery with the efficiencies and scale of robotic fulfillment.
Our proprietary robotic and AI technology, together with a pay-as-you-go service proposition, enable our retail partners to profitably deliver to their online customers within one hour and scale their operations as their business grows.
Founded in 2015, we’re backed by the top-tier VCs Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, and Playground. Things are moving really fast here and there’s still a lot ahead of us. We’re looking for talented people to join our team so that we can all get fresh faster.
In the news: