About The Position
CommonSense Robotics is looking for a Director of Operations to join our Operations Group and to establish and lead our US fulfillment operations. This is a unique opportunity to set the foundations for our US expansion and make a difference at the heart of our business.
The Director of operation will be responsible for managing our multi-site operational infrastructure US. This position will include the following roles and responsibilities:
- Build the infrastructure needed to support our US expansion plans
- Write our US “playbook” e.g.,
- Site specific logistical operating model
- Operator hiring and compensation strategy
- Site training and performance management plan
- Hire teams and establish processes for needed supporting functions including
- Ongoing support for our retail partners and operators on site
- Analytical support for site operations
- Training centers for operators and site management
- Successfully deploy and operate facilities across the US in line with our commercial commitments
- Hire and train local teams from scratch
- Work with client to define a successful operating model
- Establish effective ways of working and daily routines
- Drive continuous improvement methodologies on and across sites
- Define reporting and feedback mechanisms to drive product improvements
- Plan and own operational launch plan e.g., testing, inventory insertion
This role will require the following:
- 7+ years of experience leading complex operations, preferably in a e-commerce fulfillment.
- Proven leadership skills, managing large teams of both skilled and unskilled labor
- Start up experience is a must
- Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus
Who you are:
- Self starter and fast learner
- Interested in getting your hands dirty
- Strategic, organized and methodological thinker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Deep interest in continuous learning
- Strong communicator
- True team player
- Open minded
- Responds well to feedback
You want to get your fresh groceries faster. So do we. That’s why we started CommonSense Robotics.
Our mission is to enable grocery retailers to profitably fulfill and deliver online orders within one hour. To make this a reality, we build networks of automated Micro-Fulfillment Centers in dense urban areas that combine the speed of local delivery with the efficiencies and scale of robotic fulfillment.
Our proprietary robotic and AI technology, together with a pay-as-you-go service proposition, enable our retail partners to profitably deliver to their online customers within one hour and scale their operations as their business grows.
Founded in 2015, we’re backed by the top-tier VCs Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, and Playground. Things are moving really fast here and there’s still a lot ahead of us. We’re looking for talented people to join our team so that we can all get fresh faster.
In the news: