About The Position
System architect - Job description
Department - Robotics R&D
Reports to VP R&D
CommonSense Robotics is looking for an expert system architect to lead the architecture of our multidisciplinary robotics warehouse system.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team in one of Israel’s fastest growing startups.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the system design, performance, and functionality of the robotic system
- Responsible for the reciprocal actions of the various components
- Translate product and customer needs to system requirements.
- Design the structure and architecture of the system and serves as the ‘bridge’ between the robotics and the Warehouse Management Software.
- Define the high-level specs of HW and SW subsystems
- Review and approve the HW and SW subsystems.
- Define the interface between system components, networks, and communication protocols
- Define the system logs, telemetry, and BI analysis tools
- Define and lead the process to solve system bugs and failures.
- Define the system evaluation and testing process.
- Lead MFC system related engineering tasks
Experience & skills:
- 10+ years of experience as a system engineer of multidisciplinary projects.
- BSc/MSc in electrical/computer engineering from a well-known university.
- Worldwide architecture approach and experience with high volume production system.
- Experience with automated or autonomous robotic system - advantage
- Familiar with an embedded system, SW architecture, communication protocols - PHY, MAC etc. and layers, PHY, MAC etc
- Teamwork skills, Interpersonal and communication skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Proof of debugging skills and the ability to solve complex problems
- A master working and simulating with Matlab
You want to get your fresh groceries faster. So do we. That’s why we started CommonSense Robotics. Our mission is to enable grocery retailers to profitably fulfill and deliver online orders within one hour.
We’re taking a revolutionary approach to solving one of the toughest business challenges in the world today. We just launched the world’s smallest e-commerce facility, fitting the efficiency of automation into a small urban space, and we’re about to expand into the United States with some of the largest American grocery retailers. It’s an exciting time to join one of the most innovative and fastest growing startups in Israel.
Founded in 2015, we’re backed by the top-tier VCs Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, and Playground. Things are moving really fast here and there’s still a lot ahead of us. We’re looking for talented people to join our team so that we can all get fresh faster.